Backmark on the image indicates Ft. Richardson, VA. Ft. Richardson was a detached redoubt constructed in September of 1861. It was named for General
Israel B. Richardson, whose division was then deployed to defend against attack by way of Columbia Turnpike. It had a perimeter of 316 yards and
emplacements for 15 guns, including one 100 lb Parrott Gun. It is now marked only by an historic marker on South 18th Street off of Glebe Road.
There is an historic photo of the 1st CT Heavy Artillery in the fort. Could this soldier be one of them? No way to know. #1470=$65.00